Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 June 2011

12 things that are priceless to me.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I thought, what's the point in having things hid in boxes, only taken out on special occasions? Things you enjoy are supposed to be shared, and obviously, I can't hand these objects around to all my followers to look at, and I certainly am not going to give them away, as they are my most treasured possessions, so I thought that I would post this blog. You don't have to read them all, but have a gander at anything that takes your eye. On we go...

1. My Bass

 My bass is one of my most recent admissions. Music is important to everyone, and no matter what anyone says about bassists, I love playing it, and I may not be the best, but I'm trying! It's a Warwick Rockbass Streamer 4, if you are interested; mainly for funk, but it rolls really nice, so doesn't sound off when I play Avenged Sevenfold or Fall Out Boy. Anyway, onto the next one...

2. My Guitar
 This, my friends, is my guitar. I bought it originally, because I couldn't afford a Gibson Explorer (which I most probably never will), and I really wanted an Explorer shaped guitar, based on the fact that my favourite guitarist/singer, Claudio Sanchez uses it (he is mentioned later in the article). Again, for those interested, it is an ESP EX-50, with modified ESP pick ups.

3. My DC Thompson collection
 This is my hefty collection of Beanos (primarily), Dandys, Dennis the Menace, Bash Street Kids and specials, all Annuals. It seems weird, but I started when i was a kid, and I have over 110 annuals, with every beano from 1967 to now, dandys ranging back to the 70s, and the others ranging throughout the last 50 years. It is easily worth over £1000 if they were to be sold as single articles, but overall, if they were to be as a collection, around £2000!

4. Signed Johnny Wilkinson Rugby Ball
 This isn't just special because it's a signed JW rugby ball; when I was in hospital for a bit in 2005, my Uncle went to a Newcastle Falcons match, bought a ball, and went and got it signed, personally, by JW. Not bad!

5. Tie
 I got this off my step Nan, after my Grandad died last year. Everywhere he went, and for every charity he saw, he bought a pun badge (with the exception of a couple on there) so i have kept it, to add to it, and to keep it safe.

6. Signed Paul McCartney Album
 Paul McCartney once visited Liverpool, and employed a local choir, of which one of the members was a friend of my mums, hence the Carol. This is in this list, because he is a hero, no matter anyones opinion, he changed the face of music, and for me to have something of his, it's amazing. As far as I understand, this is worth around £750.

7.Medal
As you can read. World Final 06 (In german on the medal) This was from when I played in the World Cup in 2006; a 5 a side competition. I have other pictures of me in my England kit that we played it etc. We played in the 80,000 seater Olympionstadion, Munich, which I must note, was not full. We beat Italy and lost to Hungary in the group stage, so went through second in the group to face Brazil, against whom we lost 3-0 (0-0 at half time, with me scoring my only goal of the tournament, an own goal. Technically, I scored for Brazil). We then went on to play Japan, and beat them on penalties. Overall, we came 7th in the world, and I have it all on DVD. Greatest days of my life.

8. The Beatles- Twist And Shout
 Thought I'd add this in. Nothing compared to previous item, but love it none the less. The Beatles 7" record, with 4 songs on.

9. Photo
 The only photo I have of my Dads Dad, of whom I never met. Here, he is with RAF Innsworth. I know which one he is, but I am not saying. Lets just say, I have the same smile.

9. Venetian Mask
 This one is not one that you can wear, as it is Porcelain, but is genuinely from Venice, and reminds me of that amazing city. Once I saw it, I just had to have it. The left reminds me of assassins, and dark, mysterious figures, the right reminds me of the Beatles later years.

10. Claudio Sanchez Signed Amory Wars
 I love Matt for getting me this. Signed Amory Wars comic, by Coheed And Cambria lead singer Claudio Sanchez. Hero.

11. Frank Turner signed poster
 This is the newest addition to my collections. It came with the Franks new album, England Keep My Bones (Deluxe Edition + signed), which I adore, ofcourse. This is here, because if I could make music half as good as he can, and If I could play the guitar half as good as he can, I would be extremely happy. Unfortunately, I am yet to meet him, but I have seen him live before, am seeing him twice this year, and he will forever be my Idol and my hero.

12. Camera
This is a Camera. I do not know the model, the year, the film, it does not have a bulb, and I have never attempted to get it working, but I think the beauty of it itself, means that it deserves to be here. I love it; it is retro, classic and beautiful, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment